Craziest Homemade Bongs
Every stoner has been through this struggle. Your tried and true bong broke the last smoke sesh and you’re dying to get lit but are unprepared and bong-less. Have no fear! While you could very well just buy some rolling papers or order a new glass bong, why not take this as an opportunity to get a little crafty. We are here to help you learn from some of the masters in the making with this curated list of the craziest homemade bongs, MacGyver-style.
While some can get pretty elaborate, most are as simple as an empty can, a piece of fruit or almost anything you have in your house. Perhaps you’ve already had a go at building your own bong and it worked but determination has brought you here again to perfect the art. Thankfully, these cannabis “engineers” shared their crazy creations as inspiration to help the stoner community when in a bind.
It’s more than likely that they will not be the most spectacular bongs you’ve ever seen but for being homemade they are pretty dope! When in dire straits all you need is to tap into your creative genius and be a little resourceful. Best of all is that since you are the bong artist, you can personalize it however you like. Maybe you’ll get so inspired after you take your first rip that you’ll want to try one of these stoner easy trippy paintings to keep the creative vibes going.
How about an option that is both a bong and a snack for when the munchies hit? Well, you’ll need an empty pringles can - for now, we’ll keep the chips in a bowl.
What you’ll need:
- Empty pringles can
- Duct tape
- Make a hole in the can (1/3 the distance from the bottom), then use a pen as your downstem
- Use the duct tape to fixate the pen.
- Lastly, you will need a bowl to put on top of that
Voilá, you’ve made your Pringles can bong in just a few steps!
Picture this: it is a beautiful day for a picnic. You pack your food, your weed and go to the nearest park. Oh wait, you’ve forgotten your bong! Don’t panic! If you have a strawberry, you are in good shape.
All you’ll need is:
- A large strawberry
- Small knife
- Metal or bamboo skewer
Now follow these simple steps:
- Create a smoke pathway and mouthpiece. Stick the skewer into the tip of your strawberry and push it just about 3/4 through
- Next, you’ll need to create a smoking bowl pathway using your skewer. Don't pierce all the way through the strawberry, stop about halfway.
- Cut a bowl hole using the knife.
- Note: Just be careful to not burn your nose!
Although it’s still many months away and you still have summer to look forward to first, a prepared stoner is a wise stoner. This one’s a great idea for your next Halloween party: a pumpkin bong.
Ready? You will need:
- A pumpkin
- Glass downstem
- Mouthpiece or a straw
- Knife and a spoon
Now, just follow these simple steps:
- Mark the place for the downstem and mouthpiece
- Cut the top and clean the inside of the pumpkin
- Install Downstem and the mouthpiece
- Add Water
- Add your herb and light up!
- Optional: Decorate the exterior to make it scary, psychedelic or cute
- Optional: Make your very first cannabis-infused pumpkin pie. Yum!
Not a fan of pumpkins? Looking for something a little simpler? Our next suggestion is a great alternative and one of the healthier options for DIY smoking devices.
This is what you’ll need to make a classic apple bong:
- An apple
- One toothpick
- One chopstick
- Weed (of course!)
- Optional: peanut butter as a delicious, edible adhesive
Get to work:
- Start by removing the apple stem
- Make a hole across the center of the apple using the chopstick. One hole will be the base for your mouthpiece, and the other will be the “carb”
- Poke a few holes in the top of the apple using the toothpick; this will allow the air to flow from the bowl to the mouthpiece
- Load your bong with your favorite cannabis strain
- Inhale and enjoy the trip
Fruit and herb are the perfect match. What happens when you mix a watermelon, a carrot, and peanut butter? With the right skills, you can make a pretty cool bong. Load it up!
Not sure what fruit to use to build your homemade bong? Use them all and enjoy this mix of herbal flavors while getting stoned.
Light Up Lego Bong
Not all bongs have to be made with fruit, although it’s one of the easiest options if you’re looking for anything that’s lying around your house already. This psychedelic light up bong made of Legos is a trip in itself. You’ll probably need a master in Lego engineering to get this one working, but I assure you that it may even be the most satisfying rip you ever take.
Happy Birthday Cake Bong
Can you imagine a better birthday present than a birthday cake that also duals as a bong? You probably have the munchies now right now just thinking about it. If you prefer to make an edible birthday cake instead, you can learn how to make cannabutter on Stoners Rotation.
If you live in a frosty place, you’ll love our next suggestion. Although it does require you to have a working bong (sorry guys), your hits will be literally cold as ice and worth freezing your buns off. Take advantage of the snowy weather to make a snow bong while you still can. Just make sure you can get to a hot tub quickly after this one!
Making a Homemade Bong is Easy
Luckily, there are many ways to make a homemade bong for when you are out of rolling papers or break your bong and want to get more creative. They can be made for single or multiple use, depending on how much work you put into it and the materials used. Also, depending on the idea and how skillful you are, you may actually like the entertainment of smoking from a different bong every smoke sesh. After all that hard work building your homemade bong, it’s time to sit back, relax and admire your work with a massive hit.